1/1 Photo of Hot Jalapeno Pepper Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Tanya Pants's Note:
A combination of my favorite flavors: feta, hot peppers and chicken... my boyfriend actually brought the leftovers to work for lunch (he never brings a lunch!) I've only made this once so far (when I made it up) but plan on making it again soon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup chopped hot pepper (I used pickled red jalapenos)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- Pam cooking spray
- 4 flattened chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 2 cups rice
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, of your preference
- 1Preheat the oven to 375.
- 2Mix the ricotta, feta, hot peppers and spices together.
- 3Split the mixture into two bowls.
- 4Add the egg to one bowl and mix well.
- 5Spray a glass baking dish with Pam (big enough to hold the chicken and at least 2 inches deep).
- 6Use the egg mixture to stuff the chicken breasts, placing 1/4 of the mixture on each breast and then bringing the sides together and securing at the top with 1 or two toothpicks (don't worry if this is a bit messy).
- 7Brush some olive oil onto the top of the breasts so they brown better.
- 8Place the chicken in the oven for 25 minutes.
- 9Make the 2 cups of rice (follow directions on box).
- 10Fry the onions in 1 tbsp of olive oil until soft (medium heat).
- 11Add the chopped garlic and fry for 3 more minutes.
- 12Add the 2 cups sauce and simmer so that it is hot and ready when you need it (if you want to spice up your meal add some peppers to this sauce, too).
- 13Mix 1/2 cup of the sauce into the rice (keep simmering the rest).
- 14Remove the chicken from the glass dish and place the rice at the bottom.
- 15Spread the remaining cheese mixture across the rice.
- 16Place the breasts on top and put it back in to the oven until: the chicken is done and the rest of the contents are hot.
- 17Scoop a chicken breast and rice onto a plate and add tomato sauce (see picture).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Jalapeno Pepper Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 897.1
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 205.3 mg
- Sodium 844.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 52.3 g