Sometimes I make a roasted red-pepper version, wherein I add about a half a can of roasted red peppers and cut back on the lemon juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain chick peas, rinse in strainer.
- 2Combine chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic in a food processor or blender and blend well.
- 3Add cumin, oregano, pepper, and salt. Blend well.
- 4Add water or olive oil in small increments until desired consistency is reached. It will set upon refrigeration, so make it slightly runnier than you ultimately want it.
- 5Fold in fresh parsley with spatula.
- 6Scrape into bowl and refrigerate for at least a few hours.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hummus (Hommus)
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.8
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 207.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g