My take on a Rachael Ray recipe. Yum! Yum!
Make and share this Hummus Pit-Zas! recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 and lay pitas out on a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the hummus and the tapenade and spread over the pitas.
- Mix together anchovies, artichokes and pepperoncinis.
- Top with pitas with cheese and cover with mixture.
- Sprinkle with feta and bake for 10-12 min or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley. Slice and enjoy!
Yum! This is very easy, very good. But also very salty! I used Whole Wheat Flatbread instead of purchased pita bread, and used smoked mozzarella. I didn't have fresh parsley the night I made this, but it would be a nice fresh touch. My kids gobbled down their pizzas, and asked to have them in their lunches for the next day. Great recipe, KLBoyle! I could see making mini versions of this as a fantastic appetizer, too.