Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Even people who think they don't like spinach will love this Greek-style pie! Serve this meatless pie with a green salad with your favorite dressing for a perfect meal.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain
- 1⁄2 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Melt butter in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onions and garlic in butter 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in spinach; spread mixture in a pie plate.
- Spread with cottage cheese.
- Stir bisquick mix, milk, lemon juice, pepper and eggs until blended.
- pour into pie plate; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
She's not kidding, this is really easy. I think the prep time is more like 10 minutes. Tasted great and will make again, maybe add a little salt next time.
I made this to take to a potluck. It was fantastic. Super easy to put together at the last minute. I was suprised at how wonderful it tasted. Will definatly be making this again. Thanks so much for the great recipe. gibblet
Greatrecipie and I don't even like cooked spinach. I've made this twice in the last two weeks! I omitted the nutmeg the second time and used some italian seasoning sprinkled over the cottage cheese, liked that better. I also sprinkled some reduced fat cheddar over the cottage cheese which adds nice flavor. Tried it with fresh spinach (cooked with the onion and garlic) which was even better. Great dish.