Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A mayo-less salad full of classic Mediterranean flavors. From Cooking Light (May 2005).
Make and share this Italian Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 0.59 ml salt
- 709.77 ml chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 10 pitted ripe olives, halved
- 396.89 g canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- DRESSING: Combine all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- SALAD: Combine chicken and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad, and toss gently to combine.
This was WONDERFUL! I used more olive than it called for, and I served it over cold penne pasta. The flavors were so amazing and remind me a lot of some of those suddenly salad type things but OH SO MUCH BETTER! So fresh and healthy! I loved the lemon in it especially. We thought it could only be made better with maybe some feta or something in it, but sadly we have had to eliminate dairy from our diets due to allergies and that was how we found this in the first place lol, and we didn't miss the dairy at all, but thought it would be nice on it.
This chicken salad is flavorful and full of goodness. I enjoyed the light yet bright flavor. It would be good with a little avocado or feta cheese also. Thanks!