A riot of flavors. Can subsitute chopped tomato with grape or cherry tomatoes.
Make and share this Italiano Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb rotini pasta, cooked al dente, drained, and rinsed under cold water (can substitute shell or even elbow pasta)
- 1⁄2 cup genoa salami, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup asiago cheese, small diced (can substitute mozzarella)
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pitted green olives, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoncini pepper, drained well (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- iceberg lettuce, optional serving suggestion
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, salami, pepperoni, Asiago cheese, black olives, green olives, pepperoncini, red and green bell peppers and tomatoes. Set aside.
- For the dressing, whisk together Italian salad dressing mix, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, parsley, Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- Just before serving pour dressing over salad, toss to coat.
- Serve over iceberg lettuce.