Everyone loves pizza. so give my Bruschetta Pizza a try if you want to tempt your taste buds with a lil zest!
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup black and green chopped olive
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 12 inches prebaked whole wheat pizza crusts
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- kosher salt and cracked pepper
- Note: You can substitute diced regular tomatoes for the plum tomatoes; be sure to drain excess liquid and also you can use diced garlic from a jar.
- Preheat oven to 400`F
- In bowl, combine tomatoes,feta, olives, onion, garlic, olive oil and dried basil. Keep 1/2 cup of the tomato mixture in a bowl apart.
- Spread pizza crust with sauce. Sprinkle tomato mixture over crust and top with Mozzarella cheese.
- Place pizza directly on the middle rack of the oven. Bake 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted and is bubbling up. Remove pizza from oven and sprinkle with basil and the rest of the tomato mixture.