1 hr 10 mins
Nearly everyone is familiar with baklava, but very few know 'kadaifi'. It's shredded wheat's cousin. I prefer kadaifi.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Open pastry and spread out on a baking sheet.
- 2Air dry for 15 minutes.
- 3Combine nuts, orange juice, 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- 4Preheat oven to 340°F.
- 5Lightly butter a baking pan.
- 6Separate pastry strands into 18-20, 10 to 12 inch rectangles (beauty is not an issue here).
- 7Place 1 tbsp nut filling at narrow end of rectangle.
- 8Roll up tightly.
- 9Arrange in a round (12-14 inch diameter) baking pan; do not crowd, have them JUST touching each other.
- 10(you can use a square/rectangular pan too, you just usually see them in round pans here) Pour melted butter evenly over the pieces and bake until golden, 35-40 minutes.
- 11For syrup: Cook 1 ½ cup sugar, water and lemon juice in saucepan over low heat, swirling pan occasionally, until sugar dissolves.
- 12Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 13Pour hot syrup over pastry and allow pastry to cool.
- 14This can be kept, covered, at room temperature for at least a week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kadaifi (Greek Pastry With Nuts and Syrup)
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.5
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 125.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: