Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nearly everyone is familiar with baklava, but very few know 'kadaifi'. It's shredded wheat's cousin. I prefer kadaifi.
- Open pastry and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Air dry for 15 minutes.
- Combine nuts, orange juice, 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 340°F.
- Lightly butter a baking pan.
- Separate pastry strands into 18-20, 10 to 12 inch rectangles (beauty is not an issue here).
- Place 1 tbsp nut filling at narrow end of rectangle.
- Roll up tightly.
- Arrange in a round (12-14 inch diameter) baking pan; do not crowd, have them JUST touching each other.
- (you can use a square/rectangular pan too, you just usually see them in round pans here) Pour melted butter evenly over the pieces and bake until golden, 35-40 minutes.
- For syrup: Cook 1 ½ cup sugar, water and lemon juice in saucepan over low heat, swirling pan occasionally, until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour hot syrup over pastry and allow pastry to cool.
- This can be kept, covered, at room temperature for at least a week.