1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the squid, rinse them, and drain in a colander for 1 hour.
- 2Deep-fry them as long as the oil is not too hot (about 350 grades F/ 80 grades C is the right temperature).
- 3Put the flour with salt in a plate, mix well and add half of the pieces of squid, but leave the tentacles for the end.
- 4Turn them in the flour, then lift a few pieces up at a time, shake excess flour off and drop them in the hot oil.
- 5When they turn a nice golden color lift them out with a slotted spoon.
- 6At the end sprinkle the lemon juice all over, some oregano, and serve immediately.
- 7These squid should always be fried just before they are to be eaten and should not be re-fried or re-heated!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kalamarakia Tiganita (Fried Squid)
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: