1/1 Photo of Kalamari Salad
A refreshing salad using squid. Try it...there's more than one way to eat your calamari. This has 3 hours chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs squid, cleaned and cut into 1/2 inch rings and pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin rings, separated, and kept in ice water
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olive, halved
- 1Whisk together vinegar, basil, oregano, parsley, garlic, sugar and salt and pepper to taste; add oil in a thin stream, whisking until the dressing becomes emulsified.
- 2In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook squid for exactly 45 seconds (water probably won’t return to a boil in that time).
- 3Drain and refresh under cold water.
- 4Place the squid in a bowl along with the vegetables and olives and pour dressing over.
- 5Toss to coat.
- 6Let the salad marinate, covered and chilled, for at least 3 hours and up to 24 before serving.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kalamari Salad
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.9
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 264.6 mg
- Sodium 125.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 18.5 g