This is from the Frugal Gourmet. I'm posting it for ZWT 6. Greece
Make and share this Kalamaria Pilafi ( Squid Pilaf) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs squid, cleaned and cut into 1/2-inch circles
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup greek tomato sauce (from zaar Greek Tomato Sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- Clean and cut the squid and chop the tentacles into small pieces. Heat a 12-inch frying pan and add the oil, garlic, onion, and celery, and saute until the onion is clear. Add the prepared squid and the remaining ingredients except the water and rice. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, covered.
- Stir in the rice. Add the water, bring to a boil, and turn to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 25 minutes or until the rice is done. Additional salt may be added if needed.