1/2 Photos of Kalamata-Lemon Chicken
This is a very good Mediterranean style chicken dish that I love (lemon lover here). You just brown the chicken for a few mins and add the rest of the ingredients and place it in the oven while you go about making a salad (or whatever).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup dried orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup drained pitted kalamata olive
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon (cut into wedges or chunks)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- hot chicken broth (optional)
- snipped fresh oregano (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- 2In a 4-quart Dutch oven brown chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning once.
- 3Stir in orzo, olives, the can of broth, lemon wedges, lemon juice, Greek Seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Cover and bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- 5Serve in shallow bowls with additional broth, if desired. Top with snipped oregano.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kalamata-Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 580.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 28.4 g