Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have not made this cake but have posted it by request. I trust the cookbook that it came from. Traditional Greek dessert. Sounds very sweet for my taste
- Cream the butter& sugar until light& fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, beat well.
- Sift together the flour, Baking powder, cinnamon& salt.
- Beat egg whites stiff.
- Fold the flour into the butter/sugar then mix in about 1/3 of the egg whites.
- Fold in the groung walnuts and then fold in the last of the egg whites, use a metal spoon to blend mixture well, evenly and quickly.
- Spread in a buttered 9x12 cake pan and bake in 350f oven for 45 minutes or until cake is done.
- Meanwhile dissolve the sugar in the water over medium heat add cinnamon bark& lemon juice and bring to a boil, boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, remove bark, stir in the brandy& cool.
- Pour cold syrup over the hot cake and let the cake cool.
- Cut into squares or diamonds.
- Serve with whipped cream.
This cake is very dry..also way to sweet for my taste, but some who tried it said it was like a coffee cake...