Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A little odd, but they sounded like they might be something that would appeal to carrot cake lovers. Untried by me, posted for ZWT. From "Vefa's Kitchen". For the coconut amounts, start with the lowest amount listed and work your way up if needed.
- Parboil the whole carrots for about 20 minutes, then remove from heat, drain, let cool, and grate them coarsely.
- Combine the grated carrots, sugar and lemon zest in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Add the vanilla and half the coconut. Mix well. Allow mixture to cool completely, then chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After chilling, try to roll a bit of the mixture into a ball. If the ball doesn't hold it's shape, add more coconut until mixture will hold it's shape once rolled.
- Roll mixture into about 36 truffles, then place rolled truffles in petit four cases.
- Store truffles in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.