1/17 Photos of Katie Couric's Lemon Chicken
Gleaned from the Today's Kitchen Cookbook, recipes from the Today show. This is from Katie Couric.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound chicken breasts with a meat pounder to a uniform thickness. Dredge lightly in flour, shaking off excess.
- 2In a large saute pan over medium high heat, melt the butter and oil until it sizzles. Add the chicken breasts and saute, turning once or twice, until cooked through and juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 3Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute until the mixture boils.
- 4Add the lemon juice to the chicken broth and whisk into the saute pan. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- 5Return the chiken to the pan to heat through, thickening sauce to desired consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Serve the chicken on a bed of basmati rice and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- 7Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Katie Couric's Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.1
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 748.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 29.7 g