In Greek keik is pronounced: cake. Similar to a pound cake, this is a simple cake with a touch of orange flavor. It can be embellished with chocolate, nuts, raisins, or other additions to your taste, but this is the basic recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder) to combine well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine orange peel, brandy, and softened butter.
- Beat until smooth. Continuing to beat, add milk slowly, and then eggs. Slowly beat in the flour mixture and continue to beat for 3 minutes at medium-high speed until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into two lightly buttered loaf pans (or equivalent) and bake at 350F (180C) for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.