1/1 Photo of Keik: Basic Greek cake
In Greek keik is pronounced: cake. Similar to a pound cake, this is a simple cake with a touch of orange flavor. It can be embellished with chocolate, nuts, raisins, or other additions to your taste, but this is the basic recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- 2Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder) to combine well.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine orange peel, brandy, and softened butter.
- 4Beat until smooth. Continuing to beat, add milk slowly, and then eggs. Slowly beat in the flour mixture and continue to beat for 3 minutes at medium-high speed until the batter is smooth.
- 5Pour into two lightly buttered loaf pans (or equivalent) and bake at 350F (180C) for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Keik: Basic Greek cake
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.5
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 173.1 mg
- Sodium 152.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 11.3 g