Our bunco group always loves to gather at Maxine's house. The food is always superb. Little did we know that she was having her husband do all the work, then leave the house before we arrived. Just in case someone made rave reviews, she could take all the glory. This is the recipe where we discovered that Kenneth was the one actually doing ALL the work! Thanks Kenneth-you're wonderful!!!
- 1 (10 ounce) bag romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, quartered or 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cup feta cheese, broken into chunks (about 6 ounces)
- 12 -16 black Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Wash and prepare all vegetables.
- Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, scallions, feta cheese, and olives.
- Prepare dressing; Whisk together all ingredients except olive oil.
- Slowly add the olive oil, whisking constantly
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Serve on chilled salad plates.
- Optional-Top with Grilled and Seasoned Chicken Breast Strips. Available in the freezer section. Warm as directed on package.