Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This crunchy, colourful salad will bring back memories of sun-drenched days in the Mediterranean. And the good news is that you can assemble it in just a few minutes.
- 1⁄4 cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and sliced
- 7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled, coarsely chopped
- 4 1⁄2 ounces arugula
- 12 black olives (try delicious Kalamata ones)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch each salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Serve at once as a main course or side salad or as a starter with pita bread.
Yum! This was a great way for Greek country salad. Made a delicious late summer lunch. Thanks for posting :)
Made for Healthy Choices ABC