1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Creamy Greek-Style Pasta Salad
If you are a lover of Greek salad and Greek food then you are certain to enjoy this --- once you make this a few times you will most likely need to play around with the dressing ingredient to suit taste, I have listed 1/3 cup mayonnaise to be added to the dressing you may need to adjust the mayonnaise amount to desired creaminess after the salad is mixed --- plan ahead this salad needs to chill for at least 4 hours before serving
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dry rotini pasta
- 1 small cucumber (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped (or use 5-6 green onion, chopped)
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olive
- 1 1/2 cups cubed feta cheese (you will need more for the dressing)
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 fresh garlic clove (or use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (or use 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning in place of oregano and basil)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (more if needed mixed in the salad at the end)
- 1Cool the pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain then rinse well under cold water.
- 2Place the pasta in a large bowl.
- 3Add in cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, olives and cubed feta cheese; toss to combine.
- 4For the dressing; in a processor place the garlic clove and process until minced.
- 5Add in all the remaining ingredients except the mayonnaise;process until well blended (about 20-30 seconds) then add in the mayonnaise and process until combined.
- 6Pour over the salad ingredients in the bowl; toss to combine (if you prefer a creamier salad then add in more mayonnaise to taste).
- 7Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Creamy Greek-Style Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.2
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 529.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: