Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
yes baking powder you read correctly... this is the secret to the must fluffiest eggs! you may adjust all amounts to taste, since the feta cheese is highly salted I have left the salt as optional, if you really wanted to take this omelette to another level add in some fresh sauteed mushrooms slices :) --- also see my Kittencal's Fluffiest Scrambled Eggs
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (or use half-and-half or 2 tablespoons cold water)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano (or use 2-3 teaspoons chopped fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch salt (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted black olives
- In a bowl whisk eggs with whipping cream, baking powder, oregano and black pepper until well combined; allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat until sizzling.
- Whisk/stir the egg mixture one more time then pour into hot skillet; cook without stirring for 3 minutes or until almost set, gently lifting the edge of the eggs with a spatula to allow any uncooked egg to flow underneath.
- On one side of the ometette sprinkle the feta cheese and olives.
- Lift the uncovered half over the cheese and olives and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Slide onto a plate.