yes baking powder you read correctly... this is the secret to the must fluffiest eggs! you may adjust all amounts to taste, since the feta cheese is highly salted I have left the salt as optional, if you really wanted to take this omelette to another level add in some fresh sauteed mushrooms slices :) --- also see my Kittencal's Fluffiest Scrambled Eggs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (or use half-and-half or 2 tablespoons cold water)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano (or use 2-3 teaspoons chopped fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch salt (optional or to taste)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted black olives
- 1In a bowl whisk eggs with whipping cream, baking powder, oregano and black pepper until well combined; allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- 2In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat until sizzling.
- 3Whisk/stir the egg mixture one more time then pour into hot skillet; cook without stirring for 3 minutes or until almost set, gently lifting the edge of the eggs with a spatula to allow any uncooked egg to flow underneath.
- 4On one side of the ometette sprinkle the feta cheese and olives.
- 5Lift the uncovered half over the cheese and olives and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- 6Slide onto a plate.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Greek Feta and Olive Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.4
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 475.5 mg
- Sodium 642.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 15.7 g