Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
yes baking powder you read correctly... this is the secret to the must fluffiest eggs! you may adjust all amounts to taste, since the feta cheese is highly salted I have left the salt as optional, if you really wanted to take this omelette to another level add in some fresh sauteed mushrooms slices :) --- also see my Kittencal's Fluffiest Scrambled Eggs
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (or use half-and-half or 2 tablespoons cold water)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano (or use 2-3 teaspoons chopped fresh)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch salt (optional or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted black olives
- In a bowl whisk eggs with whipping cream, baking powder, oregano and black pepper until well combined; allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat until sizzling.
- Whisk/stir the egg mixture one more time then pour into hot skillet; cook without stirring for 3 minutes or until almost set, gently lifting the edge of the eggs with a spatula to allow any uncooked egg to flow underneath.
- On one side of the ometette sprinkle the feta cheese and olives.
- Lift the uncovered half over the cheese and olives and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Slide onto a plate.
As I currently have access to a direct supply of wonderful free-range eggs direct from a farm, I've been making omelets pretty regularly, and this one with its classic Greek ingredients suited our taste preferences beautifully. :) I used Greek yoghurt instead of the whipping cream and added rosemary and sage to the oregano. As for the olives, I never buy any but kalamata olives: love them. I've used baking powder in omelets before and for me it's now a standard ingredient. To anyone checking out this recipe and considering making it, it's fabulous... and don't leave out the baking powder. Thanks KITTENCAL for another super-fabulous recipe! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
Kittencal has done it again! Amazing recipe, as always! It was quick, easy and beautiful. Thanks!
Great, quick and tasty recipe - and the baking powder really makes a difference! Thank you Kittencal!