Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Plan ahead this dressing has a 24 hour chilling time to blend the flavors, don't even think about serving this right away! this must be made on a food processor for the feta to combine properly --- the success of this dressing will highly depend on the quality of olive oil, oregano and feta cheese that you use I recommend purchasing those ingredients in a Greek grocery store --- cooking time is 24 hour refrigeration time ---- also see my highly-rated Kittencal's Famous Greek Salad --- and my mayonnaise-based Kittencal's Creamy Greek Feta Salad Dressing
- 1 cup olive oil (preferable extra virgin)
- 1 lemon, juice of, whole
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (rubbed between fingers to release the flavors, do the same with the dried basil)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (can use more)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup coarsely crumbled feta cheese
- In a food processor combine the first 10 ingredients; process for about 10 seconds.
- Add in the feta cheese and continue to process until the cheese has combined (this may take about 12-15 seconds).
- Place in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Shake well before using.
This dressing had a great flavor but it came out very, very thick, like paste. I'm still using it but I have to glob it on instead of pouring it. Has anyone else had this issue?
We loved this! I've tried 2 other Mediterranean/Greek salad dressing recipes you have posted here, and I think this one is my favorite. I made it 7 hours before dinner, and it was still really great, so I'm excited to see what it will taste like after having the full 24 hours to chill! Thanks for another winner!
This salad dressing is tart and delicious, just the way I love it!! I did make it a couple of days before I served it on the salad, like Kitten says...it is very important to let the flavors blend before serving. My whole family loved. Thank you, Kittencal!