Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Plan ahead this dressing has a 24 hour chilling time to blend the flavors, don't even think about serving this right away! this must be made on a food processor for the feta to combine properly --- the success of this dressing will highly depend on the quality of olive oil, oregano and feta cheese that you use I recommend purchasing those ingredients in a Greek grocery store --- cooking time is 24 hour refrigeration time ---- also see my highly-rated Kittencal's Famous Greek Salad --- and my mayonnaise-based Kittencal's Creamy Greek Feta Salad Dressing
- 1 cup olive oil (preferable extra virgin)
- 1 lemon, juice of, whole
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (rubbed between fingers to release the flavors, do the same with the dried basil)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (can use more)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup coarsely crumbled feta cheese
- In a food processor combine the first 10 ingredients; process for about 10 seconds.
- Add in the feta cheese and continue to process until the cheese has combined (this may take about 12-15 seconds).
- Place in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Shake well before using.