All amounts may be adjusted to taste, the dressing amounts will yield just slightly over 1 cup and I strongly suggest to make the dressing in advance even better 24 hours ahead --- serve the salad with crusty bread on the side --- the dressing from my Kittencal's Famous Greek Salad also works well with this salad
- 1 cup olive oil (can use 1/2 cup each olive oil and vegetable oil)
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, coarsley chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced (or use 1 green onion, chopped)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup kalamata olive (or similar marinated olives)
- Greek salad dressing (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- For the dressing in a bowl combine all ingredients.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, feta cheese, onion and black olives.
- At this point you may chill, before serving add in salad dressing, then season with black pepper and salt.