1/4 Photos of Kittencal's Greek Lemony Rice With Feta
Make this only if you are a lover of Greek food, this is a full flavored rice with intense flavor and not for those with a plain palette! --- since not everyone has a taste for olives I have left them as optional, I most always add them in -- after making this a few times you will most likely want to adjust some of the ingredients to suit your taste, or you may not, the amounts listed are close to what I use when I make this rice --- this is very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (or use enough to cover the bottom of your saucepan)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried oregano (rubbed between your fingers to release the flavors)
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped (do not finely mince or the garlic will burn when cooked with the onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup long grain white rice (washed over with cold water)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of, large whole
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4-1/3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and sliced (optional)
- salt (optional and to taste)
- 1In a saucepan heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add in onion, oregano, chopped garlic and black pepper; cook stirring constantly for about 3 minutes.
- 3Add in the rice and stir using a wooden spoon for 3 minutes.
- 4Slowly add in the broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat cover and simmer until the rice is tender (about 20 minutes).
- 6Remove from heat and stir in the feta cheese (and kalamata olives if using).
- 7Season with salt and more black pepper if desired.
- 8Transfer to plate and drizzle the top with more lemon juice if desired.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Greek Lemony Rice With Feta
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.3
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 619.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 9.8 g