Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
If you love Greek salads you will love this, it's an absolute must made with garden ripe tomatoes! I use the dressing from my Kittencal's Famous Greek Salad but you may use your own favorite dressing, the cucumber is only optional I like to add some in, plan ahead this salad must be chilled at least 3 hours before serving or up to 6 hours. Serve this salad with crusty bread on the side to dip into the juice, you may also serve the tomatoes with juice on a bed of lettuce.
- 1⁄3 cup plus 2 tablespoons Greek salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese (broken into small pieces, do not crumble finely)
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 large roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 small cucumber (peeled, seeds removed and chopped) (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup kalamata olive (pitted and sliced or use similar brined olives)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- salt (optional)
- crusty bread (to serve on the side)
- In a large glass bowl stir together the dressing with parsley.
- Add in feta pieces and all remaining ingredients (except black pepper, salt and bread) toss to combine and season with black pepper------ (don't be tempted to add in more than the stated amount of dressing as the tomatoes will release more juice when chilled, you just might find your salad swimming in too much liquid!).
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or up to 6 hours.
- Serve with crust bread.
Wonderful. Sorry I did not wait 3 hours as I told DD (toddler) we were going to eat salad. I'm sure waiting longer would make what is already 5 stars better. I only used a lemon and olive oil dressing as we don't use red wine vinegar for religious reasons. I used grape tomatoes, goats milk feta of Greek origin and the rest. I would make this again for sure. Made for
The Big Fat Greek Tag Game! For the WHOLE of September 2010 in KK's forum.
I had lovely ripe tomatoes from the garden and fresh cucumbers. There were two different cukes a lemon cuke and a small English. Instead of mixing it all in a bowl I arranged the salads on the serving plates. The feta was Apetina lovely wee cubes of feta and this one was herbed so the Olive Oil was full of flavor and I used that as the dressing. Thanks Kitt for a flavor loaded delish lunch
I used the recipe for your dressing as stated and it was a hit at our Greek foods party. Thanks for putting together such a wonderful Greek Marinated Salad. What a Chef Kittencal!