1/8 Photos of Kittencal's Greek Roasted Lemon-Garlic Chicken With Potatoes
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
If you are a lover of Greek food then you will love this chicken, this is not by any means for those who have plain palette, this is a full flavored dish! --- this will fit into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan if you reduce the amount of potatoes otherwise you will need to use a slightly larger size pan, for this the chicken is cut in half do not cut into pieces, remember to check the broth in the pan frequently as it tends to cook down adding in more if needed, you may or may not need to add in more --- serve this with a crusty loaf of bread to dip into the pan juices
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole chicken, sliced in half (about 3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 8 medium red potatoes, peeled (left whole do not slice, can use more)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (rubbed between fingers to release the flavors)
- 1 large bulb of garlic (separated into cloves and skins removed or can use two heads!)
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 8 tablespoons chicken broth (more if needed to add to the pan while cooking, can use water instead of the broth)
- 1Set oven to 425 degrees F (set oven rack to bottom position).
- 2Grease a roasting pan (use a pan large enough to hold the chicken halves and potatoes).
- 3Using kitchen shears cut the chicken down the center between the breasts, then cut down each side of the back bone, then discard the back bone.
- 4Season the chicken halves on both sides with salt and black pepper, then place skin side down in the roasting pan.
- 5In a bowl season the potatoes with salt and pepper then place the potatoes around the chicken.
- 6Sprinkle the whole garlic cloves and olives around the potatoes.
- 7In a bowl whisk the juice of 2 lemons with the olive oil then drizzle over the chicken and potatoes in the pan.
- 8Sprinkle the dried oregano over the top.
- 9Drizzle 2 tablespoons broth into the 4 corners of the pan (do NOT drizzle on top of the chicken or potatoes).
- 10Roast uncovered for about 50 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven turn the chicken skin side up, drizzle the pan juices on top the chicken and potatoes, if the broth has cooked down then drizzle about 1/3 to 1/2 cup more into the sides of the pan if needed.
- 12Continue to cook for another 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, you may want to baste with pan juices a few times during cooking (cooking times will vary slightly depending on the size of the chicken).
- 13Serve the chicken with pan juices.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Greek Roasted Lemon-Garlic Chicken With Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (865 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1305.8
- Calories from Fat 750
- Total Fat 83.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 657.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 66.6 g