In Greece there are many recipes for this salad, if you love Mediterranean-style full-flavored salads then this is one I think you will really enjoy! You can omit the oil and red wine vinegar and just use the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, but I like to add it in for extra flavor, use as much artichokes as you like, adjust all ingredients to taste, the oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes are what *makes* this salad so do not omit, also see my Kittencal's Famous Greek Salad
- 2 cucumbers (seeded and chopped or sliced)
- 3 ripe roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil (drained, diced and reserve 2 tablespoons of the oil)
- quartered artichoke heart (use any amount desired)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup kalamata olive
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (mixed with red wine vingar to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste, lots black pepper!)
- dried oregano (optional and to taste)
- In a large bowl toss together cucumbers, Roma tomatoes, diced sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of the sun-dried tomato oil, artichokes, and the red onion and olives; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil with a small amount of red wine vinegar (or to taste) drizzle over the salad.
- Season with salt and lots fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Just before serving sprinkle the feta cheese on top of the salad, then prinkle a small amount of dried oregano on top of the feta if desired.