1/1 Photo of Kittencal's Mediterranean-Style Taverna Chopped Greek Salad
In Greece there are many recipes for this salad, if you love Mediterranean-style full-flavored salads then this is one I think you will really enjoy! You can omit the oil and red wine vinegar and just use the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes, but I like to add it in for extra flavor, use as much artichokes as you like, adjust all ingredients to taste, the oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes are what *makes* this salad so do not omit, also see my Kittencal's Famous Greek Salad
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cucumbers (seeded and chopped or sliced)
- 3 ripe roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil (drained, diced and reserve 2 tablespoons of the oil)
- quartered artichoke heart (use any amount desired)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup kalamata olive
- 1 1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (mixed with red wine vingar to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste, lots black pepper!)
- dried oregano (optional and to taste)
- 1In a large bowl toss together cucumbers, Roma tomatoes, diced sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of the sun-dried tomato oil, artichokes, and the red onion and olives; toss to combine.
- 2In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil with a small amount of red wine vinegar (or to taste) drizzle over the salad.
- 3Season with salt and lots fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- 4Chill until ready to serve.
- 5Just before serving sprinkle the feta cheese on top of the salad, then prinkle a small amount of dried oregano on top of the feta if desired.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Mediterranean-Style Taverna Chopped Greek Salad
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.8
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 603.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 6.8 g