2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 40 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces phyllo dough, thawed (2 hrs., 10 to 12 sheets)
- 1 cup celery, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken or 2 cups turkey, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- hot rice
- bechamel sauce (I posted this recipe before, so just go to the search engine!)
- 1Thaw phyllo dough 2 hours@ room temperature.
- 2In a covered skilletcook celery and onion in the 1 Tbsp.
- 3butter till vegetables aretender but not brown, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add chicken andchicken broth.
- 5Cook and stir, uncovered, till all the broth isabsorbed.
- 6Stir in parsley, salt, nutmeg, and pepper.
- 7Remove fromheat.
- 8Blend in beaten egg.
- 9Set aside.
- 10For each roll, stack half the sheets of phyllo dough, brushingliberally with some of the remaining butter between each layer.
- 11Spoon 1 1/4 cups of the chicken mixture over the phyllo layers towithin 1" of edges.
- 12Turn one short side over the filling about 1"; fold in long sides.
- 13Roll as jelly roll starting with the foldedshort side.
- 14Place, seam side down, on a greased shallow baking pan.
- 15Repeatwith remaining phyllo and filling.
- 16Brush each roll with additional melted butter.
- 17Score each rollinto 3 or 4 portions.
- 18Bake@ 350-degrees for 40 minutes or tillrolls are brown and crisp.
- 19Cut rolls where scored.
- 20Arrange onplatter with hot rice.
- 21Spoon some of the Bechamel Sauce over rolls.
- 22Pass the remaining sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for KOTOPITS (Chicken in Phyllo)
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.7
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 402.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: