1/1 Photo of Kourambiethes
My best friend when I was growing up was Greek, and I fell in love with the culture and the food. This was always my favourite - thanks to Georgia for giving me the family recipe! I'm putting it here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter & icing sugar until light.
- 2Add egg yolk and brandy, mixing well.
- 3Fold in almonds, flour, baking powder & cloves.
- 4Break off small pieces of dough & shape into 'S' shapes or crescents.
- 5Bake at 180 deg C for +/- 20 min until lightly golden.
- 6Let them cool for 10 min, then dust with some icing sugar.
- 7Store in container & dust with rest of icing sugar.
- 8Tip: Seal & store for 2 days (if you can resist!) as this improves the flavour.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kourambiethes
Serving Size: 1 (1339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.1
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.1 mg
- Sodium 85.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g