Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
Greek Onion Pie, use my recipe for Frumenty (a porridge) to make this dish. I couldn't get Recipezaar to accept frumenty as an ingredient so I just put in "oatmeal". Please do NOT use oatmeal in this recipe.
- Fry the sliced onions in oil until they are golden.
- Boil the frumenty and heat the milk.
- Add the frumenty and milk mixture to the onions and set aside.
- Beat the eggs.
- When the onion mixture has cooled, add the eggs and mint.
- Oil a baking pan and layer half the pastry sheets, brushing each layer with butter.
- Add the filling on top of the layered pastry.
- Place the remaining pastry on top, brushing each layer with butter.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 40-50 minutes.