Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This pilaf is served with almost every meal, especially stewed dishes. Orzo is a pasta made in the shape of rice.
- 1⁄2 cup orzo
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups vegetable stock or 3 cups water
- grated kefalotiri cheese (optional)
- Saute orzo in butter in a medium saucepan, until lightly brown.
- Add rice, stir to coat with the butter. Add stock.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve on a platter with grated kefalotiri cheese if desired.
I like orzo and rice dish. This one was so good. Easy to do. I used chicken broth. Thanks luvcook'n :) Made for the Best of 2011 tag game
I threw this together quickly as an accompaniment to Cauliflower baked with Tomatoes and Feta. It was perfect. Very tasty, yet none to flashy either- it lets your other dish be the star. I could see using this for a number of Greek dinners and vegetarian meals as well. Thank you.