This is a very fresh-tasting cabbage salad - very unlike the slaws you're probably used to. Comes together in no time at all (especially if you use one of those bags of slaw mixes).
- Core the cabbage and shred as for making traditional coleslaw.
- Put the cabbage and carrot in a large bowl. Toss well.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic (if using).
- Add salt to taste.
- Just prior to serving, pour over the salad and toss to coat.
- Adjust seasonings and olive oil or lemon juice as needed.
- Note: This is really lovely served with a generous hunk of feta cheese - either crumbled in, or served alongside so you can nibble on pieces of creamy cheese between bites of crispy salad.
I was looking to make a slaw without mayo and stumbled upon this recipe. Let me just say that my BF and I ate the whole thing in one day! We just couldn't get enough. Next summer this will be my go-to slaw for potlucks and BBQ's. I very highly recommend this recipe to everyone. Thank you evelyn.
Deliciously fresh, quick and different! Went nicely with our Greek meal. **Made for ZWT4**.
YUM~ Made this the other day and we all enjoyed this with our dinner. Very refreshing and different! Thanks ChefEv!