1/2 Photos of Lahanosalata (Greek Cabbage Slaw / Salad)
This is a very fresh-tasting cabbage salad - very unlike the slaws you're probably used to. Comes together in no time at all (especially if you use one of those bags of slaw mixes).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core the cabbage and shred as for making traditional coleslaw.
- 2Put the cabbage and carrot in a large bowl. Toss well.
- 3In a small bowl mix the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic (if using).
- 4Add salt to taste.
- 5Just prior to serving, pour over the salad and toss to coat.
- 6Adjust seasonings and olive oil or lemon juice as needed.
- 7Note: This is really lovely served with a generous hunk of feta cheese - either crumbled in, or served alongside so you can nibble on pieces of creamy cheese between bites of crispy salad.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lahanosalata (Greek Cabbage Slaw / Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.9
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 2.3 g