Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
The lamb is marinated in lemon, garlic, and oregano. If you just want the sauce, here is the recipe, Feta Sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise then cut into 24 pieces
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 4 ounces Greek yogurt (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and oregano; pour over lamb, and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by putting all the ingredients in a food processor and pulsing until smooth; refrigerate until serving.
- Heat grill for medium high heat.
- Thread lamb and cucumbers on skewers finishing with a lemon wedge; there should be 8 skewers in total.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill 10 to 12 minutes in total, turning once.
- Serve with sauce.