Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The lamb is marinated in lemon, garlic, and oregano. If you just want the sauce, here is the recipe, Feta Sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise then cut into 24 pieces
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 4 ounces Greek yogurt (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and oregano; pour over lamb, and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by putting all the ingredients in a food processor and pulsing until smooth; refrigerate until serving.
- Heat grill for medium high heat.
- Thread lamb and cucumbers on skewers finishing with a lemon wedge; there should be 8 skewers in total.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill 10 to 12 minutes in total, turning once.
- Serve with sauce.