Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
For lamb lovers these are a lovely change from the "normal" grilled burger. Do not over-cook.
Make and share this Lamb Burgers with Minted Tzatziki recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 small white onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 pita bread, halves
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, grated and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup minced white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- shredded lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
- For the mint tzatziki blend the yogurt with the oil and lemon juice.
- Add the cucumber, onion, garlic, mint, and pepper.
- Taste and add salt.
- Cover and refrigerate while preparing the lamb burgers.
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In a large bowl, combine lamb and remaining ingredients.
- Form into 12 small patties around 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Place on hot grill and cook 5 minutes on the first side, four on the other.
- You want the outside nicely browned with a bit of pink remaining in the middle.
- Serve three each in a pita half with the shredded lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion.
- Offer the Minted Tzatziki at the table.
Wonderful,is all I can say - wouldn't change a thing - This is one lamb's lover recipe that will be enjoyed again and again. Thanks Di for a real treasure
This was a good family meal. Loved the tzatziki over the burger-tasted great. We ate this with a salad, and Erin Ecklund's Italian Potatoes Italian Potatoes.
Very good recipe! I opted for a bed of spinach instead of a pita, but the minted tzatziki was what really made this amazing! This was my first attempt at making a dish like this and it was easy and very tasty! I also sprinkled feta cheese on top but it really didn't need it as the sauce can stand on its own. When I went for seconds I didn't include the feta. :)