1/2 Photos of Lamb Burgers with Minted Tzatziki
For lamb lovers these are a lovely change from the "normal" grilled burger. Do not over-cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 small white onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 pita bread, halves
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 English cucumber, grated and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- shredded lettuce
- sliced tomato
- 1For the mint tzatziki blend the yogurt with the oil and lemon juice.
- 2Add the cucumber, onion, garlic, mint, and pepper.
- 3Taste and add salt.
- 4Cover and refrigerate while preparing the lamb burgers.
- 5Preheat grill to medium high.
- 6In a large bowl, combine lamb and remaining ingredients.
- 7Form into 12 small patties around 3/4 of an inch thick.
- 8Place on hot grill and cook 5 minutes on the first side, four on the other.
- 9You want the outside nicely browned with a bit of pink remaining in the middle.
- 10Serve three each in a pita half with the shredded lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion.
- 11Offer the Minted Tzatziki at the table.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Burgers with Minted Tzatziki
Serving Size: 1 (683 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.0
- Calories from Fat 445
- Total Fat 49.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 186.8 mg
- Sodium 796.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 40.8 g