A wonderful dish--simple, delicious comfort food. I seared the lamb chops in a hot skillet coated with a little olive oil before adding them to the potatoes in the oven (reducing roasting time accordingly) and scattered chopped flat-leaf parsley along with the olives, tomatoes and feta to add some color. Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit.
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 8 lamb loin chops (1-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss together potatoes, oil and half of rosemary on a large rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until potatoes are almost tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, press garlic and remaining rosemary onto both sides of the lamb chops; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange lamb on baking sheet next to potatoes; roast until potatoes are tender and lamb is cooked to desired doneness, about 18 minutes for medium-rare.
- Mound potatoes in center of platter and surround with lamb chops. Sprinkle with tomatoes, cheese and olives.
I love lamb chops and I am always looking for new ways to prepare them. I really loved these and the potatoes were the perfect accompaniment to have with them. My chops were on the rare side, and I love them that way. This is a good recipe that is easy to prepare and delicious! Thank you!
This was a fantastic and quick recipe for lamb chops. The quick roasting time left the garlic and rosemary still very fragrant, while the fresh tomato, feta and olives were very fresh tasting. I used a little fresh basil torn over the top, just cuz I had it fresh on the counter, which was very nice too. What a great recipe! Just a couple of notes: I did not sear my lamb in a pan first, so the 18 minutes left my chops very rare (which is fine, b/c that's the way we like them). For better color in the chops I would probably sear them first though, like GaylaJ did, but last night I was in a hurry. Thank you for a yummy lamb chop recipe, we totally enjoyed it!