Delicately spiced morsels with a cooling yogurt dip - perfect party food. Serve with 1 cup plain yogurt mixed with 2 tbs chopped mint and salt and pepper to taste. Uncooked burgers can be frozen.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves stripped and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with a fork
- 7 ounces feta, cut into 16 cubes
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- First make the dip by mixing together the yogurt and mint with a little seasoning, then chill until ready to serve.
- Tip the lamb into a big bowl with the spices, chili, herbs, Worcestershire sauce and egg. Season, then get your hands in and mix well. Divide the mixture into 16.
- Shape into burgers, pushing a cube of cheese into the centre of each and sealing inches Chill until just before your guests arrive.
- Heat oven to 400F and heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the burgers for 1-2 mins until brown on each side, then transfer to a baking tray. Put in the oven for 15-20 mins until cooked through and piping hot.
- Pile onto a big plate and serve with the dip on the side.