1 hr 5 mins
V'nut-Beyond Redemption's Note:
This is an adopted recipe. I tried it out with my family and they love it! It was much simpler to make than I thought it would be with a lamb recipe. Fricassee is pronounced free-cah-seh and it means a stew made with spinach, lemon, eggs and oil. This is a Greek dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs leg of lamb
- 3 lbs green onions, chopped
- 2 -3 heads lettuce, chopped (dandelions work best if you can find them)
- 1/2 scoop butter
- salt and pepper
- 1Cut the lamb in portions.
- 2Melt a tablespoon of butter in a pot and brown the lamb in it.
- 3Strain excess fat. Take out the lamb.
- 4Add the rest of the butter, salt& pepper, the lettuce, the onions and the lamb.
- 5Cover and simmer for about 1 hours Stir.
- 6Don't fret about not having any water in the stew. The veggies will provide it as they cook.
- 7Prepare the avgolemono sauce, by beating together the eggs, lemon juice and flour (I use about 2 tsp).
- 8Just before serving, pour the avgolemono in the pot, simmer lightly and serve hot.
- 9Note: With 2 - 3 (2 - 3 lbs) heads of lettuce and 3 lbs of green onions, you will need a pretty big pot to hold all the chopped veggies. These will cook down to half the raw amount.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Fricassee
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.8
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 153.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: