Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
While I was looking for a recipe for a traditional Kebab ( I couldn't find one or didn't look hard enough) I thought of one myself. Using the herbs and spices that are my fave...oh and a lovely Kebab sword that we got while on holiday some years ago.You could serve this in a warm pita with green salad or like me as a side meat with mash spuds, or any way you like really.
- 3 lbs leg of lamb (de-boned and sliced thinly)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (chopped)
- 10 small green chilies, chopped (de-seeded if you like)
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Warm your cumin and coriander powder in a small pan, till you smell the aroma (don't let it burn).
- Mix all the ingredients to make a marinade, pour over lamb and make sure all the meat is coated well.
- Leave overnight (or as long as possible) in the fridge.
- Thread onto skewer, making sure you keep as much of the marinade on the meat as possible, (pack it tightly making sure the marinade is between the layers).
- Wrap in tin foil and place over a roasting tin (you could check to see if your skewer spans the tin and fits in the oven before hand).
- Place in a preheated oven (180°C) for 40 minutes.
- Take out and remove the foil, put back in for 5-10 minutes on full heat.
- Our you could cook it on your bar-be, just make sure its cooked through.