1 hr 10 mins
While I was looking for a recipe for a traditional Kebab ( I couldn't find one or didn't look hard enough) I thought of one myself. Using the herbs and spices that are my fave...oh and a lovely Kebab sword that we got while on holiday some years ago.You could serve this in a warm pita with green salad or like me as a side meat with mash spuds, or any way you like really.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs leg of lamb (de-boned and sliced thinly)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (chopped)
- 10 small green chilies, chopped (de-seeded if you like)
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Warm your cumin and coriander powder in a small pan, till you smell the aroma (don't let it burn).
- 2Mix all the ingredients to make a marinade, pour over lamb and make sure all the meat is coated well.
- 3Leave overnight (or as long as possible) in the fridge.
- 4Thread onto skewer, making sure you keep as much of the marinade on the meat as possible, (pack it tightly making sure the marinade is between the layers).
- 5Wrap in tin foil and place over a roasting tin (you could check to see if your skewer spans the tin and fits in the oven before hand).
- 6Place in a preheated oven (180°C) for 40 minutes.
- 7Take out and remove the foil, put back in for 5-10 minutes on full heat.
- 8Our you could cook it on your bar-be, just make sure its cooked through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Green Chilie and Coriander Kebab
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 866.5
- Calories from Fat 540
- Total Fat 60.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 227.9 mg
- Sodium 787.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 66.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: