Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the July 11, 2008 Athens Plus Magazine. Dried hibiscus blooms are available at spice stores. (I had to add them to the garlic in the ingredient list because Zaar doesn't recognize them as an ingredient.) Boiled potatoes or couscous go well with this dish.
- 1 kg lamb, in serving portions
- 4 medium onions, sliced in rings
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed (AND 50 g dried hibiscus blooms)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 lemon, juice of
- olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and brown the meat.
- Add the garlic and onions, then the cumin and salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice, hibiscus flowers and add water to cover the meat,
- Lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.