From the July 11, 2008 Athens Plus Magazine. Dried hibiscus blooms are available at spice stores. (I had to add them to the garlic in the ingredient list because Zaar doesn't recognize them as an ingredient.) Boiled potatoes or couscous go well with this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan and brown the meat.
- 2Add the garlic and onions, then the cumin and salt and pepper.
- 3Add the lemon juice, hibiscus flowers and add water to cover the meat,
- 4Lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Lemonato With Hibiscus
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.1
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 132.0 mg
- Sodium 103.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 36.3 g