These meatballs are delish; serve with rice and a nice n' fresh salad of tomatoes and cucmber with an olive oil/lemon dressing. From Canadian Living Magazine 2002
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb lean ground lamb
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, for rolling meatballs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for browning meatballs
- 1Cut carrots and celery into 1/2-inch thick slices. Peel and cut potatoes into 3/4-inch cubes.
- 2Place in wide saucepan along with leek/onion, salt and water; bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium; simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in bowl, lightly beat egg; mix in bread crumbs, onion, garlic, parsley, dill, salt, pepper and cayenne. Add ground lamb and mix well. Form into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Spread flour on plate; roll each ball in flour.
- 4In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown meatballs.
- 5Add meatballs to vegetables; simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon when cooked through.
- 6Meanwhile - in bowl, whisk eggs with lemon juice; whisk in the cooking liquid. Pour back into saucepan; cook, stirring constantly and being careful not to boil, until thick enough to coat back of spoon, about 3 minutes.
- 7To serve plate meatballs and vegetables, pour sauce over meatballs and serve with rice and perhaps a salad. Garnish with parsley or dill.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Meatballs and Vegetables in Lemon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (567 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.2
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 222.6 mg
- Sodium 1247.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: