Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious combination of Lamb Olive and Haloumi - Greek style pizzas - Fun for entertaining!
Make and share this Lamb, Olive and Haloumi Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g ground lamb
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 quantity quick pizza dough (see related recipe)
- 200 g halloumi cheese, drained, thinly sliced crossways
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- tzatziki, dip to serve
- lemon wedge, to serve
- Make Your Pizza Bases (premake and allow to rise before rolling out bases). Sift Flour into a bowl, adding yeast, sugar and a pinch of salt. Cobine warm water and oil and add to flour mixture. Preheat Oven to 220°C, and lightly grease two pizza trays. Allow dough to rise, cut in half then roll out dough to cover each pizza tray. (Extra dough can be frozen for later use for up to 6 months, thaw in fridge then bring to room temp before rolling out).
- Fry onion and garlic for 2 minutes, Add lamb mince, stirring to break up mince, for 6 minutes or until browned. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and oregano, and cook till juice is evaporated/absorbed. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Top Pizzas with mince mixture spreading evenly over pizza bases, add haloumi and olives and Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until bases are crisp and golden. Top with parsley and season with pepper.
- Serve with lemon wedges and tzatziki.