1 hr 30 mins
Marika #3's Note:
Delicious combination of Lamb Olive and Haloumi - Greek style pizzas - Fun for entertaining!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g ground lamb
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 quantity quick pizza dough (see related recipe)
- 200 g halloumi cheese, drained, thinly sliced crossways
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- tzatziki, dip to serve
- lemon wedge, to serve
- 1Make Your Pizza Bases (premake and allow to rise before rolling out bases). Sift Flour into a bowl, adding yeast, sugar and a pinch of salt. Cobine warm water and oil and add to flour mixture. Preheat Oven to 220°C, and lightly grease two pizza trays. Allow dough to rise, cut in half then roll out dough to cover each pizza tray. (Extra dough can be frozen for later use for up to 6 months, thaw in fridge then bring to room temp before rolling out).
- 2Fry onion and garlic for 2 minutes, Add lamb mince, stirring to break up mince, for 6 minutes or until browned. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and oregano, and cook till juice is evaporated/absorbed. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- 3Top Pizzas with mince mixture spreading evenly over pizza bases, add haloumi and olives and Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until bases are crisp and golden. Top with parsley and season with pepper.
- 4Serve with lemon wedges and tzatziki.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb, Olive and Haloumi Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.3
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.2 mg
- Sodium 222.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: