2 hrs 10 mins
Wanted to do some Greek cooking and came across this recipe. Haven't tried it yet so let me know how it turns out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil and brown shanks on all sides, then remove from pan.
- 2add garlic to pan and cook for about 30 seconds.
- 3Add onion and cook until translucent.
- 4Season shanks with salt, pepper and rosemary then return to pan.
- 5Pour in wine and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer until shanks are tender, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Shanks Braised in Red Wine With Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.3
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 242.1 mg
- Sodium 178.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 71.4 g