This is a wonderful recipe from Solo Suppers (Joyce Goldstein). The tomato sauce is outstanding paired with lamb. She recommends serving this with roasted potatoes and eggplant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE LAMB
- 8 ounces lamb steaks or 3 (4 ounce) lamb chops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1Rub the lamb with the olive oil, oregano, and cinnamon. Marinate for 1-2 hours, and bring to room temperature before cooking.
- 3Heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 4Sauté the onion with a pinch of salt until soft, about 8 minutes.
- 5Add the garlic, cinnamon, and oregano, and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Add the wine, swirl it around the pan, and then add the tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 8 minutes.
- 7Check the seasoning, and add honey if the sauce tastes acidic.
- 8Cover the sauce and set aside.
- 10Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- 11Place the lamb in the skillet, and cook 3-5 minutes on each side, until done to your liking.
- 12Remove the lamb to a warmed plate, and deglaze the pan with some additional red wine.
- 13Add the sauce to the skillet and simmer briefly.
- 14To serve, spoon the sauce over the lamb, and top with the feta and parsley.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Steak With Greek Tomato Sauce and Feta
Serving Size: 1 (655 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1150.9
- Calories from Fat 832
- Total Fat 92.5 g
- Saturated Fat 31.2 g
- Cholesterol 191.3 mg
- Sodium 1338.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 46.4 g