Here's a great starter to your Greek dinner, or just a different dip to take to a party!
Make and share this Layered Greek Bean Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (19 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup tzatziki, Tzatziki
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and slivered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a food processor puree together beans, garlic, vinegar and oregano until smooth, adding up to 2 T.
- water if needed.
- Spread in a shallow 8-inch serving dish or pie plate.
- Spread evenly with tzatziki.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, green onions, feta, olives, parsley and pepper.
- Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- Serve with crackers or pita wedges.
Yummy! What an awesome flavor and a great alternative to the "usual" dip. Adults and teens wolfed this one down. Thanks for posting.
Di, I wish I would have known thuis was soooo good, I would have doubled this and kept some here at home. I made it for the 4th. and took it to my brothers BBQ it was one oif the first dishes that went right away. My DH didn't even get to try any of it. Great flavor!! Thanks, I will make this again, and again!
Excellent recipe Di! The kidney bean base mixture is nice and thick which makes for perfect dipping. I served it at a pot luck with sun-dried brad rounds to rave reviews. Thanks again.