Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens Magazine... May 2008 issue
Make and share this Layered Greek Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared hummus
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- pita chips
- In medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into a deep 9-inch pie plate or shallow serving dish.
- Evenly spread hummus on cream cheese layer.
- Top with cucumber, tomato, olives, feta cheese, and green onions.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- Serve with pita chips.
I brought this to a party to share. It was a beautiful dip, very colorful. I used chopped black olives instead of the kalamata as the kalamata olives were $8 a jar! I didn't think it affected the taste much. I would suggest to others to reduce the garlic from 3 cloves to 1 and then taste and add more if you like it strong. Just thought 3 garlic cloves were overpowering in the cream cheese. A really delicious dip that I will be making again!
I love this dip. It is so fresh tasting and a nice change from the Mexican layered dips. I used the Sabra brand hummus because it's the creamiest I could find. I agree with the previous review, it is a really festive-looking holiday dip. Thanks for posting.