Awesome recipe out of the Rachel Ray magazine! Fast and easy. Definate keeper. Will try with white fish also. Will try with a little lemon juice to the filling...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely hopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) box organic frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- salt and pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
- 1Preheat the over 425. Heat 1 T. EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, in a small skillet
- 2over medium heat.
- 3Add the onion and 2/3 of the garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Transfer to a bowl to cool, and then add spinach and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Melt the butter in same pan, turn off the heat and add the panko, oregano and remaining garlic, toss.
- 5Drizzle a baking dish with the remaining 1 T. EVOO.
- 6Split each chicken breast across (but not all the way thru) open like a book. Stuff with the spinach and feta. Letting the stuffing overflow the edges.
- 7Place the chicken pieces in the baking dish and top with the breadcrumbs. Bake until the juices run clear, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lazy Greek Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.1
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 438.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Greek feta cheese