Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Awesome recipe out of the Rachel Ray magazine! Fast and easy. Definate keeper. Will try with white fish also. Will try with a little lemon juice to the filling...
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely hopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) boxorganic frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- salt and pepper
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
- Preheat the over 425. Heat 1 T. EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, in a small skillet
- over medium heat.
- Add the onion and 2/3 of the garlic and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool, and then add spinach and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Melt the butter in same pan, turn off the heat and add the panko, oregano and remaining garlic, toss.
- Drizzle a baking dish with the remaining 1 T. EVOO.
- Split each chicken breast across (but not all the way thru) open like a book. Stuff with the spinach and feta. Letting the stuffing overflow the edges.
- Place the chicken pieces in the baking dish and top with the breadcrumbs. Bake until the juices run clear, about 20 minutes.
Very very good! The recipe was a little difficult to follow, but we threw it together logically. We added a leftover grilled portabello that we diced up. I'm looking forward to eating the leftovers!