Prep 5 hrs
Cook 30 mins
ZWT6 Greece. Recipe by Melissa Rubel Jacobson on http://www.foodandwine.com.
Make and share this Leg of Lamb With Tzatziki recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 dill sprigs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, in one piece
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, grated
- sea salt
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a blender, puree the oil, onion, garlic, dill, lemon juice, zest and oregano. In a baking dish, pour the marinade over the lamb and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Make Tzatziki sauce:.
- In a strainer, toss the cucumber with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and let drain for 30 minutes; squeeze dry.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt, cucumber, dill, zest and garlic; season with salt.
- Serve with the prepared lamb.
- Continue with Lamb:.
- Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
- Light a grill.
- Scrape off the marinade and season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Grill over moderate heat for 28 minutes, turning once, until medium-rare.
- Transfer to a surface and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the lamb against the grain and serve with tzatziki.