5 hrs 30 mins
ZWT6 Greece. Recipe by Melissa Rubel Jacobson on http://www.foodandwine.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 dill sprigs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, in one piece
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1In a blender, puree the oil, onion, garlic, dill, lemon juice, zest and oregano. In a baking dish, pour the marinade over the lamb and turn to coat.
- 2Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3Make Tzatziki sauce:.
- 4In a strainer, toss the cucumber with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and let drain for 30 minutes; squeeze dry.
- 5In a bowl, mix the yogurt, cucumber, dill, zest and garlic; season with salt.
- 6Serve with the prepared lamb.
- 7Continue with Lamb:.
- 8Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
- 9Light a grill.
- 10Scrape off the marinade and season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- 11Grill over moderate heat for 28 minutes, turning once, until medium-rare.
- 12Transfer to a surface and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 13Slice the lamb against the grain and serve with tzatziki.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leg of Lamb With Tzatziki
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.6
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 160.2 mg
- Sodium 172.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 44.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: