1/2 Photos of Lemon Caper Stuffed Eggs
These make great appetizers for a party or a first course for dinner, or a yummy snack. You could put these in the lunch box too! Adapted from Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 small onion
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped (if using salt packed capers, soak in a little milk and drain)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- hot sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise (just enough to bind)
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1Cut the rounded ends off the eggs, scoop out the yolks into a bowl, and stand the hard bouled egg whits upright in the egg carton. If you wish to serve the eggs on a platter, trim a small piece of the egg off the pointed ends so they will stand upright.
- 2Break the egg yolks up a little bit using a fork. Grate the garlic into the egg yolks, then grate about 2 tbls. of onion juice into the bowl. add the capers, 1 tsp of lemon zest, the juice of the lemon, a few dashes of hot sauce, the mayonnaise, pepper, and half of the parsley. Mash until smooth and check seasonings, adjusting if necessary.
- 3Fill the egg whites, overstuffing them a little. Garnish with the remaining parsley. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Caper Stuffed Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 187.4 mg
- Sodium 131.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g