1 hr 10 mins
This dish is originally Greek with a soft lemon flavor, add more lemon juice to suit your tase. Rice or fine pasta goes well with this. Try to use the dill; it gives it a nice flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a Dutch oven, brown the chicken.
- 2Add salt and pepper to the chicken and pour in the boiling water.
- 3Simmer for 20 minutes; add the onions simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- 4In a dish beat the eggs, very slowly and bit by bit add the lemon juice whilst beating the eggs, it should not separate.
- 5To the eggs you add the cooking juices of the chicken, then you return this to the pan.
- 6Make sure the heat is very low, the sauce should not cook anymore, keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
- 7Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle the dill on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.1
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 229.5 mg
- Sodium 189.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 29.1 g