Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This dish is originally Greek with a soft lemon flavor, add more lemon juice to suit your tase. Rice or fine pasta goes well with this. Try to use the dill; it gives it a nice flavor.
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven, brown the chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to the chicken and pour in the boiling water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes; add the onions simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- In a dish beat the eggs, very slowly and bit by bit add the lemon juice whilst beating the eggs, it should not separate.
- To the eggs you add the cooking juices of the chicken, then you return this to the pan.
- Make sure the heat is very low, the sauce should not cook anymore, keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle the dill on top.