Christina P.'s Note:
There are a million versions of this recipe on Food.com, but this is my own personal adaptation. Plenty of veggies, and just the right amount of lemon, imho. Don't boil the pasta longer than 4 minutes or it will be overcooked by the time the soup is done. Let me know what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 stalks celery, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 12 cups chicken stock
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup orzo pasta or 1 cup rosamarina pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1Chop veggies. Heat olive oil in heavy stock pot.
- 2Saute onions, celery, and carrots on medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until tender. Juice and zest lemon while veggies are cooking.
- 3Add chicken stock and lemon zest, bring to a boil, and cook 3 minutes.
- 4Add orzo or rozamarina, return to a boil, and cook 4 minutes.
- 5Turn off heat and stir in lemon juice, cooked chicken, and cream of chicken soup until well mixed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.4
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 1299.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 23.5 g