This is from Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3. Greece.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon all purpose Greek seasoning, blend
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 4 (6 inch) pita bread, cut in half
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients; add 1 teaspoon rind, stirring well.
- 2Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into 1/4-inch-thick oval patties.
- 3Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add patties; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 5Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 4 minutes.
- 6Combine remaining 1 teaspoon rind, yogurt, and oregano, stirring well.
- 7Fill each pita half with 1 patty, 1 tablespoon yogurt mixture, 1/4 cup lettuce, and 1 tablespoon tomato.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken Pita Burgers With Spiced Yogurt Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 545.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 33.7 g